Boston

Boston

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/12/14

Students are continuing to make progress towards out goal of finishing the narrative writing paper. I have had the opportunity to read a handful of the rough copies and I continue to conference with writers during this process. What I am reading and hearing, continue to impress me. Within the next two weeks, all students will have finished their first publishable piece of writing in fifth grade. This will be a significant day in our class and I look forward to having my students share their pieces with the class.

We also continue to make great progress in math, as room 312 continued their work with division. Students have been using different strategies to solve division problems, that I would consider to be challenging. I am confident that as we  approach the end of this unit, that students will be prepared for their assessment.




Homework

Math - complete next page of homework packet. Finish division word problem sheet for tomorrow.

- Math test on Friday

Reading - 30 minutes of quiet reading

- blog post on Bud Not Buddy due by Friday: How has the author built suspense in the novel to this point? Use examples from the text (chapter 10 is a great place to look to help answer this question)


Trvia
What is the name for an abnormal fear of spiders?

No comments:

Post a Comment