Boston

Boston

Friday, October 3, 2014

10/3/14

I was very happy with the way that book buddies went. The fifth graders in room 312 did a great job of reading with their young partners. I definitely have some great role models in my class and it was a great first partner activity. We look forward to working with Ms. Dichter's class in the future.

Students also engaged in a productive discussion on some key moments of chapter 1 in Bud Not Buddy. Students are using their sticky notes to identify key turning points, character traits and other interesting concepts from the novel. We have only been working with this book for two days, but I can't wait to get back into it next week. Keep up the good work room 312.

In math class, students paired up with fifth graders from Ms. Armstrong's room to practice order of operations problems. This can be a challenging concept, but over the course of the last two weeks I have seen students start to make serious progress in getting these concepts down.

This weekend I would like all of my students to be thinking about one of their narrative seed ideas that they can pick out of their notebook. This seed idea will serve as the foundation that they will start building upon for a publishable piece. Students need to remember that the idea that they select need to have a heart. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone back in class on Monday.

Homework
I have a number of students who have not completed their blog post for this week. I would ideally like everyone to have completed this no later than 8 o'clock tonight. Again the prompt is: Would you recommend your book to another reader? Why or why not.

This needs to be an 8-10 sentence response.


No comments:

Post a Comment