Boston

Boston

Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11/17

As we began our first full week together, the members of M102 continued to expand their math vocabulary. The students had one more lesson pertaining to arrays. Fifth graders reviewed concepts from last week that tied in to factors, multiples and prime and square numbers.

Our ELA time was spent looking at different genres of stories that we will encounter this year. This segued into time using sticky notes to better focus on reading time.

Today, the fifth graders were given permission slips for fifth grade patrols. If students are interested, a parent or guardian needs to sign the slip and return it to school. Slips should be returned by Monday September 18th. Patrols will start on Monday September 25. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to ask a question. My son Alan told me that you guys are reading the book "Wonder" during snack time. That's so wonderful, and I was wondering if that is in the school curriculum or just an initiative of yours. Either way, I am so happy that Alan is exposed to that book, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELA time is english language arts. Reading and writing would both fall into that subject.

    Wonder is a book that the fifth grade teachers like to read to the class at the start of every year. I am glad that you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete