Boston

Boston

Friday, September 8, 2017

9/8/17

Room M102 wrapped up a successful first week together today. The students took a beginning of the year math assessment during math class. This exam is to give me insight into where the fifth graders stand in relation to problems dealing with the four operations. I look forward to reviewing the results over the weekend.

Later in the school day, the students worked together to craft questions pertaining to some of their favorite books. This lesson began with a discussion of how teachers come up with questions to ask students that tie into novels that are being read. The students were engaged and I appreciated the spirited discussions that sprang up.

I enjoyed getting to better know the students that are in my room this first week. I couldn't have been happier with the way that week turned out. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to seeing students back at school on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment