Boston

Boston

Friday, December 5, 2014

12/5/14

As room 312 completed this first week in December, students received their report cards today. I have  said repeatedly throughout this first term, that I am impressed with the work that my class has been able to accomplish. Students who have done well on their report cards should feel proud of their accomplishments. Those that may not be as happy should know that their is a lot of time left in the school year. Plenty of time to bring up any grades that may not be where you want them to be. I would just advise all of my students not to become complacent. Continue the strong work that you have begun in the first three months of the school year.

I look forward to getting to meet parents over the course of the next two weeks.

Grade 5 met up with out buddies in second grade today. The second grade students have been impressing me with their reading levels. And my class continues to make admirable book buddies.

Students also compiled a list of reasons that European explorers ventured out into the wide world in the 1400s. Next week we will begin to focus in on specific explorers.

I also wanted to mention, that room 312 won the prestigious Golden Sneaker award for the amount of students who walk to school. This award is akin to winning the Stanley Cup, so my students should feel proud. We hope to repeat as champs next week.



Unlike the Stanley Cup, I encouraged my students not to drink out of this trophy.


I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment