Boston

Boston

Thursday, September 10, 2015

9/10/15

During math today, the fifth grade began our first lesson of our first unit. This lesson focused in on arrays. Students were tasked with creating arrays that fit certain clues. This lead into a closer look at multiples and factors. Students did a nice job participating in this lesson and I welcomed the class discussion that was an ongoing part of the period.

In social studies, the students finished their work with the directions of the compass and moved onto to looking at the hemispheres of the earth. This lesson allowed time for students to move around the room and to work together in small groups. I compliment my students on their ability to stay on task during this time block.


Homework

Math - workbook page 3

Introducing You worksheet, please fill out and pass in by Friday

Writer's notebook - by Tuesday of next week, I would like all of the students in room 312 to personalize their writer's notebooks. I really want students to take pride in their pieces of writing and make it their own. This arts and crafts component will help in that regard. As an example, here is my writer's notebook.



I would also like all students to make an attempt to log into their kidblog site while at home. This important site will be home to the students writing during the year. If there is any trouble, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment