Boston

Boston

Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11/15

During math class today, students used tiles to build arrays. These arrays had to correspond with clues that the fifth graders were presented with. These clues pertained to multiplication factors. I loved to see the cooperation from my class during this partner activity.

I wanted to compliment my students on completing their first week of fifth grade. I was impressed with both the enthusiasm and the diligence shown by my new group of students. I am confident that these positive qualities will carry over into the rest of the school year.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend and I will see everyone back in school on Tuesday.


Homework

Writer's notebook - by Tuesday of next week, I would like all of the students in room 312 to personalize their writer's notebooks. I really want students to take pride in their pieces of writing and make it their own. This arts and crafts component will help in that regard. As an example, here is my writer's notebook.



I would also like all students to make an attempt to log into their kidblog site while at home. This important site will be home to the students writing during the year. If there is any trouble, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment