Boston

Boston

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

9/9/15

During social studies, students engaged in activities pertaining to compass directions and the hemispheres. I was also able to talk with some of the students about history topics that they have interest in learning about. I think this will be an informative and enjoyable year for the fifth grade in social studies.

Members of 312 took their beginning of the year assessment during math class. This piece of work will give me an important glimpse into where students stand as we begin our work in math. Tomorrow, grade 5 will turn our attention to the first lesson of unit 1.

Finally, during our ELA learning block, students were able to write in their writer's notebook about an important event that they had over the summer. I enjoyed getting to hear the students share some of their pieces with the class.

Homework

Introducing You worksheet, please fill out and pass in by Friday

Writer's notebook - by Tuesday of next week, I would like all of the students in room 312 to personalize their writer's notebooks. I really want students to take pride in their pieces of writing and make it their own. This arts and crafts component will help in that regard. As an example, here is my writer's notebook.



I would also like all students to make an attempt to log into their kidblog site while at home. This important site will be home to the students writing during the year. If there is any trouble, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment