Boston

Boston

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24/14


Room 312 completed their first mini project of the year in social studies today. I was impressed both by the creativity and the work ethic of my class during the last two weeks. These projects looked to have turned out very well and I believe they bode well for future work in this class.

Students continued to grow their personal narrative story in writing today. From talking with my students, I know that everyone comes from a diverse and interesting background. These backgrounds have served to produce some very compelling story ideas. We will continue to work on this unit in the coming weeks and I know that the finished products will be ones that the students will be proud of.

Room 312 has also partnered up with Ms. Dichter's second grade class for book buddies this school year. Periodically, we will read with our buddies and do activities to foster the feeling of school community. I am sure that the students of room 312 will serve as excellent role models for their young friends.




Homework

Math - next page in math packet

Reading - 30 minutes of quiet reading. Blog post is due on kidblog by Friday. I would also continue to encourage all students to fill out a book talk sheet when they complete a book to get awarded a mark on our class reading log tally chart.


Trivia

A tough one tonight: Which U.S. president was the first to be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize?

I look forward to hearing answers on Friday. I hope everyone enjoys their Thursday off from school.


No comments:

Post a Comment