Boston

Boston

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday 9/10

I felt that we had another productive day in room 312. I mentioned this to my class, but wanted to post it here as well. The first writing assignment that we had went extremely well. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to read the opinion pieces that my students were able to generate in such a short period of time. I consider myself a very lucky teacher to have such a dedicated collection of writers.

Room 312 also did strong work today in reading. Students were active readers and dug into their independent reading books. I was able to circulate throughout the room and listen to some students read. Post-it notes were used to help students focus on important scenes and character developments.

Unfortunately, none of my students came to class with an answer to my trivia question from yesterday. The highest peak in America is Mt. McKinley in Alaska.

Here is tonights question: What is the longest river in the United States?




Homework

Math - math worksheet

Reading - 30 minutes of quiet reading. By Friday, all students need to have made at least one entry either on kidblog or in their reader's notebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment