Boston

Boston

Friday, September 5, 2014

End of first week

I can't believe that the first week of school has already ended. If these first four days are any indication, I think that this will be a great year in room 312. Today, students shared with their classmates a memento that represented their summer vacation. I enjoyed getting to hear my class present to one another why their item was special to them. 

Starting next week, room 312 is going to start getting into our reading and writing notebooks. This weekend, I have asked my students to decorate their writer's notebook. I would like all of my students to make their notebook their "own". I have included a picture of my writer's notebook.


Students may included stickers, photos, images cut of from magazines or printed from a computer. I look forward to seeing these newly decorated notebooks next week.

I would also continue to strongly encourage all of my students to have an independent reading book of their own that they take with them to school on a daily basis. There is going to be ample time for students to read and write during the course of the day. Students should have a book of their own in class to further this work.

One other item that I wanted to mention was that I would like an adult at home to sign student's homework planners on a nightly basis. I will check signatures every Friday and I would like all students to have four signatures. Adults can sign at the bottom of the column each school day in the planners.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend and I will see everyone on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment