Boston

Boston

Friday, September 26, 2014

9/26/14

It was nice to see everyone dressed up for picture day. Room 312 used the day off to charge their batteries and they came to school ready to work today.

We continued our work with order of operation problems in math. The students have been presented with a variety of challenging work over the course of this week and they have risen to the challenge. I have been impressed with the effort on display. I have also been equally impressed with students' willingness to ask questions when there is confusion.

We wrapped up our first mini lesson in social studies by looking at actual mineral deposits taken from the ground at Sutter's Mill and watching a brief documentary about the gold rush.

Students continue to be hard at work in writing class, developing their narrative story ideas. There are steps left to climb before we publish finished copies, but I believe room 312 is up for the challenge.

One other item I wanted to mention was in regards to homework assignments not being completed. I have made the class aware that for every assignment not turned in on time, students will lose a portion of their recess time and this will also be reflected in my grade book. If there is a week that occurs where a student is missing multiple assignments, I will write a brief letter home to alert parents about the situation. I don't believe in giving out large amounts of homework, but I believe it serves a purpose. The assignments that are given serve to reinforce lessons from class and keep concepts fresh in the mind. I would greatly appreciate patents and guardians help in making sure homework gets completed.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to get outside and enjoy the nice weather. I will see everone next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment